Obama to SecDef: I’m gonna need you to go ahead and defeat ISIS by the time I leave office, mmmkay?

By Doug Powers  •  March 18, 2016 05:07 PM

The pressure’s really on Ash Carter, because Obama’a people already have the “He Defeated ISIS” wing of his presidential library fully designed and ready for construction:

President Obama wants the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) defeated by the end of his term, Defense Secretary Ash Carter says.

“That’s what he said he wants. That’s what he told me and [Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Joseph Dunford]. He said, ‘Get this done as soon as possible. I’d like to not leave this to my successor,'” Carter said Friday an event hosted by Politico.

He added that Obama called for the process to be accelerated last fall — about a year after the U.S. first began its counter-ISIS campaign. The administration now has only nine months left, but Carter said he’s optimistic.

“I’m confident that we’ll do it. And we have an operational plan now,” he said.

With that little legacy-sealing chore having been assigned, the president was able to personally tend to the important stuff:

null

A good executive knows how to delegate.

How come Benghazi investigators have never spoken to THESE people?

May 13, 2016 05:30 AM by Doug Powers

benghazi

“Repeatedly denied by the State Department”

John Kerry will LOVE Bono’s idea: What needs to be deployed against ISIS is … comedy

April 13, 2016 07:59 AM by Doug Powers

bono

With or without you?

Let the people go: Obama commutes 61 drug, firearm sentences and will spring a dozen more from Gitmo

March 30, 2016 09:11 PM by Doug Powers

obamaprison

If you like your commutation, you can keep them

Obama shows ‘top priority’ ISIS that he’s ready to tango

March 23, 2016 09:33 PM by Doug Powers

obamatango

Nobody puts Barry in the corner

Hillary Clinton settles on strategy of delusion: U.S. ‘didn’t lose a single person’ in Libya

March 14, 2016 10:01 PM by Doug Powers

benghazi

Tell yourself a lie often enough and eventually you’ll believe it

Categories: Terrorist attacks, 9/11, Al Qaeda, Corruption, Democrats, Hillary Clinton, 2016 Campaign